APPLICATION SECURITY CONSULTANT
ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you passionate about application security?
Does digital transformation and its possibilities and challenges excite you?
We are looking for an experienced and dedicated Application Security Consultant to join our Munich team. The potential candidate will be a trusted advisor to our DAX clients and an application security expert that brings quality application security insights and can speak to “secure by design” concepts, secure application development methodologies and digital transformation.
The consultant will demonstrate effective communication and presentation skills and able to communicate recommendations and program enhancements to both technical and leadership/executive audiences. The consultant will also be a resource for the client in establishing and expanding the base of client knowledge in the area of application security. This position is located in Munich, Germany and will require travel to client sites.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Align application security with client’s business objectives by helping determine what to protect, how to prioritize their risks and assets, and how much to invest
- Help our clients solve complex cyber security problems, provide gap analysis and recommendations, and implement solutions
- Perform application security program and maturity scoring assessments, performing application vulnerability and application security risk assessments
- Lead code reviews across a variety of programming languages
- Review reports generated from automated security scans
- Perform assessments of SDLC processes
- Perform threat modelling
- Develop and deliver application security training
- Create gap analysis and client improvement program recommendations
- Create professionally written reports and communicate complex information concisely and coherently
- Other security-related projects that may be assigned according to skills
Preferred Technical Skills and Experience
- Prior experience working for management consulting firms
- Experience working on projects related to Application Security
- Experience with OWASP framework and TOP 10 vulnerabilities, Open Source tools, and coding methodologies
- Experience with web application development
- Familiarity with AWS and security implications of migrating to the Cloud
- Familiarity with static analysis tools (e.g., IBM Appscan Source, HP Fortify)
- Familiarity with interactive and automated penetration testing
- Experience with major programming languages (e.g., Java, C, C++, .NET (C#, VB))
- Experience in application code review methods and standards, application development and coding, and common application security requirements
- Experience in standard Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) practices
- Experience working through organizational change, with a demonstrated track record of creativity and innovation, including evidence of solution design
- Effective communication, facilitation and presentation skills, including the ability to clearly communicate complex problems and solutions in a simple, logical and impactful manner
- Comfortable working in a project based / client serving model.
- Ability to synthesize and analyze multiple views, perspectives, and data sets as part of comprehensive client problem discovery and solution design into client-ready deliverables
- Ability to lead and shape client expectations
- Ability to work in a matrix management model
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work in a high-achieving team-oriented environment as well as independently
- Ability to work easily and collaboratively with diverse and dynamic teams
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment and structured decision-making
- A strong desire and ability to develop creative and breakthrough solutions
SOUND LIKE YOU?
Please send us your CV. We’d love to hear from you!
dig8ital is an equal employment opportunity employer. Applicants must have the right to live and work in Germany.
**No agencies please**